THE SWORD'S PATH

As I walk in a world created by my God, but tainted by my sin, I find it behooves me to share some of my struggle, my success, my failure. But most of all, I find a world which desperately needs guidance. In a world overgrown by vines of sin, we must equip ourselves with swords to find and keep THE path. Our sword is of the spirit, the Holy Words of God.

Rom 13:8 MKJV (8) Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for he who loves another has fulfilled the Law.
My Photo
Name:
Location: Bryan, Texas, United States

Sometimes adrift, sometimes solid in foundation and steady with a course. I'm prone to shift interests like that big eye in Lord of the Rings. I was born and raised in the high plains of Texas. I have a beautiful wife Kim, an equally beautiful little girl, Audrey, and a great little boy, Bruce.

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Tearing Them Down

I have been reading through the book of Job. I am about halfway through. Basically it's about a man, Job, and the testing of his faith of God. Job was a righteous man, and had a comfortable life. God allows Satan to take it away from Job, to prove his faith.

Job loses his family, friends, health, basically his life. But Job has these three counselors. These counselors, in trying to help Job, insult him by insinuating that Job is getting what he deserves. They accuse Job of having sin and Job accuses them of simply tearing him down further. Job gets in this huge debate with them and the arguments get more inflammatory as they go.

Well, let me give a huge I'M SORRY to anyone who I have tried to make feel better but only made things worse. I could have listened to Job and just been silent. I have struggled with this very issue in the past. Sometimes I have acted as if I had all the answers and had an opinion about everything. Typically I make things worse. Well, more often than not, I should just keep my mouth shut.

Instead of trying to give wisdom, or talking on God's behalf, how about giving a hug, or saying we understand their frustration.

In Christ

2 Comments:

Blogger Rodney Olsen said...

It's an interesting one isn't it?

We can often see solutions so clearly that they appear to be the right ones.

I am often reminded of the time that Peter started telling Jesus that they wouldn't let him be crucified. Now to me, that sounds reasonable. If I was following someone like Jesus and heard that people were out to get them, I'd hatch security plans too.

Yet Jesus is very strong in his condemnation of the idea. He says, "Get behind me Satan". Wow. Heavenly wisdom is so different to earthly wisdom.

3:42 PM  
Blogger MC Hendrick said...

My thoughts exactly, Rodney!

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home