THE SWORD'S PATH

As I walk in a world created by my God, but tainted by my sin, I find it behooves me to share some of my struggle, my success, my failure. But most of all, I find a world which desperately needs guidance. In a world overgrown by vines of sin, we must equip ourselves with swords to find and keep THE path. Our sword is of the spirit, the Holy Words of God.

Rom 13:8 MKJV (8) Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for he who loves another has fulfilled the Law.
My Photo
Name:
Location: Bryan, Texas, United States

Sometimes adrift, sometimes solid in foundation and steady with a course. I'm prone to shift interests like that big eye in Lord of the Rings. I was born and raised in the high plains of Texas. I have a beautiful wife Kim, an equally beautiful little girl, Audrey, and a great little boy, Bruce.

Saturday, September 25, 2004

SPAM (Scripture's Powerful Ageless Messages): God's Covenant

SPAM LIGHTING THE WAY: GOD'S COVENANT WITH KING DAVID

David was brought into power by the Lord over the tribes of Israel during a period of war and separation of the land of Israel. However, through a certain set of sequence only the Lord could orchestrate, all the tribes came to David to pledged their loyalty to the kingdom of David and Israel.

David then brought the Ark of the Covenant into the City of David. However, David wished to build a house for the Lord and Ark of the Covenant to dwell in. The Lord then set up what is known as the seventh covenant with David and his descendants, saying through the prophet Nathan,

2Sa 7:12-16 KJV
(12) And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.
(13) He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever. (14) I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:
(15) But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.
(16) And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.

The above is a very prophetic statement about the coming kingdom of not only the house of David through Solomon, who did build the temple to set the covenant, but of Jesus the Messiah and his eventual reign upon the earth. Jesus, is traced in bloodline as a descendant of David. More prophets would eventually give additional details of the "Son of David, Jesus Christ, who would fulfill and complete this covenant. This prophecy serves as one of the first of many concerning the coming of the Messiah promised in the Covenant made between the Lord God and Israel in the passage above.

I praise God for allowing those who are not of Jewish decent to benefit from God's everlasting covenant with the House of David and the seeds of Abraham through Jesus Christ. Through faith and grace are we all saved, not only those of the law (Jews) but those of the faith

Rom 4:16 KJV
(16) Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Never forget the Lord's promise that we, who believe in faith in Jesus, shall live under his throne for ever. Give thanks for the love God gives us and the promises he keeps. Hold fast to the Lord's commandments, repent and believe in Jesus, so that we all may have assurance we will live eternally in Heaven with Jesus our Lord.

In Jesus Christ,

Cory

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home