THE SWORD'S PATH

As I walk in a world created by my God, but tainted by my sin, I find it behooves me to share some of my struggle, my success, my failure. But most of all, I find a world which desperately needs guidance. In a world overgrown by vines of sin, we must equip ourselves with swords to find and keep THE path. Our sword is of the spirit, the Holy Words of God.

Rom 13:8 MKJV (8) Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for he who loves another has fulfilled the Law.
My Photo
Name:
Location: Bryan, Texas, United States

Sometimes adrift, sometimes solid in foundation and steady with a course. I'm prone to shift interests like that big eye in Lord of the Rings. I was born and raised in the high plains of Texas. I have a beautiful wife Kim, an equally beautiful little girl, Audrey, and a great little boy, Bruce.

Thursday, September 23, 2004

I Dream of Jesus

I had this dream the other night. I don't think it was prophetic, but it was very real to me. I say it wasn't prophetic because it was stuck in the middle of other dreams that night. But it was still a good one. Here goes...

I was walking down a residential street with my dad. We were talking, dressed in summer clothes, and just going along happy. There weren't many people around. In fact, I don't remember any. The day was warm but not sunny. It seemed overcast, not uncommon for my dreams. Snowflakes started falling. These were not ordinary snowflakes but big giant ones, like what you might have made in elementary school, about the size of your hand. They were falling as gently as snow can, and were white as white can be. I could see the intricate detail, and they were all different. Dad and I held out our hands and caught several of them.

I then noticed flashing lights in the sky. They had sort of the same brilliance as a "falling star". They were orange as they flew, and had a orange tail behind them. But these were going up, and there were countless numbers of them. They seemed distant but very visible. We looked around and suddenly were surrounded by them. We watched this for a few seconds and I remember my heart beating fast. I was pretty sure what was going to happen next. Dad and I just stood there without words. It was if we both knew eachother's thoughts. There were no words to express what was welling up in our hearts. Words would probably taint the moment.

Suddenly I was in the air heading for the clouds. I looked around and there were no more orange "stars" falling up. Now the sky was filled with white "stars" ascending. I realized at that point the orange were the "dead first" and the white were those still alive. The feeling of being lifted up, snatched, is indescribable. I know how Enoch must have felt.

As I reached the clouds, a figure came from the clouds. I instantly knew this was Jesus, but it was not the classic figure of Jesus. In fact, it was a lion's head with human arms stretched out across the sky receiving us. It was pure comfort. The scene was sky blue mixed with clouds and was.....perfect, without a better word.

I was then just sort of hanging in the clouds with a huge crowd. The throne was there as were other creatures. We were waiting for Jesus to head back to earth and take reign. Then it ended.

I am getting shivers just remembering this dream. Have you ever been so excited about something, say a trip to disney world as a kid, maybe a friday night highschool football game you are playing in, or maybe just a particular rollercoaster ride? Do you know the feeling of when it was finally in front of you, everything you had been hoping for and imagining was for real? It seems almost as if your still dreaming: all that anticipation let loose into reality.

That is the feeling I had. And talk about the joy. I could hardly fathom it, everything we learn about living with Jesus without satan in the background, finally fulfilled. What an amazing dream this was. I wish I could share it with you. I guess in a way, I just did.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well MC Hendrick certainly interesting stuff. I love surfing Blogs! I was looking for dream stuff and I landed on your page. I was looking more for dream
info, but was interested in your posts. Keep it up Take care.

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well MC Hendrick interesting post. I was looking for Info on dream and I came across your site and while I Dream of Jesus wasn't an exact match i was most interested to read what you had to say. I was looking for dream infomation, I glad I came across your site I'll visit again sometime.

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://fwzqrzym.com/huup/odub.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://qkdpbxav.com/vkkq/kplr.html]Cool site[/url]

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://fwzqrzym.com/huup/odub.html | http://rlvlthdi.com/dths/foit.html

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home