THE SWORD'S PATH

As I walk in a world created by my God, but tainted by my sin, I find it behooves me to share some of my struggle, my success, my failure. But most of all, I find a world which desperately needs guidance. In a world overgrown by vines of sin, we must equip ourselves with swords to find and keep THE path. Our sword is of the spirit, the Holy Words of God.

Rom 13:8 MKJV (8) Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for he who loves another has fulfilled the Law.
My Photo
Name:
Location: Bryan, Texas, United States

Sometimes adrift, sometimes solid in foundation and steady with a course. I'm prone to shift interests like that big eye in Lord of the Rings. I was born and raised in the high plains of Texas. I have a beautiful wife Kim, an equally beautiful little girl, Audrey, and a great little boy, Bruce.

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Saw the Passion of the Christ

Ok, I finally saw this movie. To be honest, I wasn't excited to see it, nor was I even sure I wanted to see it. I understand what my Lord did for me and I walk under that grace. I don't know that I need it to be visualized for me to appreciate it. However, I thought I should see it. I needed to be able to speak about the movie with nonbelievers.

It didn't wrench my heart or bring me to tears. I almost got angry if anything. It also makes me ashamed. Ashamed of the sinner that I am. There is nothing about me, in my eyes, that deserves our Lord to die so that I might live. We don't deserve this love, people. We don't deserve to be able to boldly approach the throne. Try as hard as you can, you will never be worthy on your own merit.

We have to be under God's grace through Jesus. This is our only way to salvation, freedom, to life. This is the greatest gift of all. Oh how God loves us to shed His blood so that we might all be able to come under His grace. Oh how wretched we must be that our Lord had to shed His blood on the cross that we might come under His grace.

I think this movie made a subtle impact on me. The type that will linger with me for a long time. Some of the images I saw, I will never forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home