THE SWORD'S PATH

As I walk in a world created by my God, but tainted by my sin, I find it behooves me to share some of my struggle, my success, my failure. But most of all, I find a world which desperately needs guidance. In a world overgrown by vines of sin, we must equip ourselves with swords to find and keep THE path. Our sword is of the spirit, the Holy Words of God.

Rom 13:8 MKJV (8) Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for he who loves another has fulfilled the Law.
My Photo
Name:
Location: Bryan, Texas, United States

Sometimes adrift, sometimes solid in foundation and steady with a course. I'm prone to shift interests like that big eye in Lord of the Rings. I was born and raised in the high plains of Texas. I have a beautiful wife Kim, an equally beautiful little girl, Audrey, and a great little boy, Bruce.

Monday, September 27, 2004

Where OH Where?

It's funny how easily I can get distracted from studying God's word.

I usually study during lunch. I like to sit in my car at a local park and study. I'll have 4 different versions of the bible and really get in depth. I even bought this pen from the Christian book store. This pen is one of those multi function gadgets. It has a red, blue, and black pen, red highlighter, stylus, and pencil. I use it to color code my bible such as red for God's warnings, blue for his promises, etc.

An author that I like, Terry Brooks, just came out with a new book. I have been waiting for it to hit the shelves and promptly picked it up. I told myself I should only read it at night, saving lunch for studying. Well, at about the same time, I lost my pen. Man, I have to find it. . So now I am reading his book at lunch and haven't cracked the bible except for church.

I am temporarily distracted. Sometimes my dogmatic side comes out. I have ignored the study time because I can't find the pen to highlight wisdom I might come across. You get the joke? In order not to miss highlighting the good passages, I quit reading the passage until said pen is found. Is that not ironic.

Well, I bought another pen in the interim. However, I am over halfway through the book so have decided to finish it and get it out of the way.

Oh where, oh where has my little pen gone?

2 Comments:

Blogger Rodney Olsen said...

Maybe we can all send you a few cents so that you can get a new pen. :)

6:26 AM  
Blogger MC Hendrick said...

I wish it were that trivial sometimes to get back on track studying God's Word. haha

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home