THE SWORD'S PATH

As I walk in a world created by my God, but tainted by my sin, I find it behooves me to share some of my struggle, my success, my failure. But most of all, I find a world which desperately needs guidance. In a world overgrown by vines of sin, we must equip ourselves with swords to find and keep THE path. Our sword is of the spirit, the Holy Words of God.

Rom 13:8 MKJV (8) Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for he who loves another has fulfilled the Law.
My Photo
Name:
Location: Bryan, Texas, United States

Sometimes adrift, sometimes solid in foundation and steady with a course. I'm prone to shift interests like that big eye in Lord of the Rings. I was born and raised in the high plains of Texas. I have a beautiful wife Kim, an equally beautiful little girl, Audrey, and a great little boy, Bruce.

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

What's the Problem

So I keep reading about religious ideals being removed from government facilities. I'm not interested in a discussion about separation of church and state. But, is there a growing distaste for Christians?

Is the movement to take commandments out of state buildings and removing crosses from city seals and attack on Christianity? I hear of a city allowing the Islamic call to prayer play over public loudspeakers, but yet "one nation under God" is under attack. Should Christians be concerned? Is this a simply question of the constitution or a general dislike for Christianity?

Christians might claim this is a subtle attack completely devised by satan. Some might say we have always been under attack in such manners. Well I have another viewpoint.

I think the Christian sect is filled with hypocrites and pretenders. I think some of the secular world's problem with us is caused by us. How about the group in Kansas that preaches "God hates fags" or the folks that bomb abortion clinics in the name of God.

The gospel (Greek for good news) is just that, good news. Some Christians try very hard to convey the idea that we are no different from other people, just forgiven. That's it. We simply hold to the idea that Jesus was God incarnate on earth and died to pay the final sacrifice for mankind. Now, we simply believe in Him as our Lord, and we shall be saved. That's it.

But no, there have to be those that preach you HAVE to act a certain way, and HAVE to do certain things. Guess what? Read Galatians. Paul had a lot to say about this idea. We are saved by grace and should walk by grace.

Mat 7:3 And why do you look on the splinter that is in your brother's eye, but do not consider the beam that is in your own eye?

So why do Christians feel like they can promote Christianity by preaching for others to be good? Especially when we can't be good ourselves. I believe this attitude damages the spread of Christianity.

We should present a gospel of love. We are no different than anyone. We are all sinners and all need the saving grace of Jesus.

Please embrace the grace given to you by Jesus. Spread that grace to others.

Rom 3:23-24
(23) for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God,
(24) being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus;

In Christ

5 Comments:

Blogger Steve Bogner said...

We can do an awful lot of good evangelization by just living a life of humility, prayer and holiness.

I hear you on how Christians can be hypocrites and pretenders. In Catholic circles I see 'traditionalists' (who also call themselves 'orthodox') fighting with 'progressives' (also labeled 'liberals') and sometimes it gets really nasty. In the mean-time, there are the hungry to feed, the homeless to house, the oppressed to liberate, and the lost to save.

10:21 AM  
Blogger MC Hendrick said...

Amen, Steve.

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://xirxcabq.com/pfek/uuxw.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://xbwmczkh.com/splo/vshs.html]Cool site[/url]

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://xirxcabq.com/pfek/uuxw.html | http://abjetzsk.com/izaf/pyjv.html

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home